The Creator and the Destroyer


Here's a few of the things I've been working on:
Kali T-Shirt - my mother-in-law gave me a pink Old Navy shirt for my birthday, and, not being one to shill for corporations when I can help it, I had to change a few things. I over-dyed it a dark plum colour, appliqued one of Aunt Margie's old doilies dyed magenta over the ON logo, downloaded an image of Kali and made an iron-on, and voila! a new T-shirt suitable for wearing to the Maiwa 20th Anniversary Party. (Which was a lovely evening.)

Also, I'm knitting a pair of socks, having succumbed to the lures of Koigu at the new Three Bags Full shop on Main. I know there are those who think varigated yarn is tacky, but I do love the way the colours change every stitch or so. Can't get bored!

And I've made a new knitting bag from some of the fabric featured a few postings back. I would never have thought that purple, plum, acid yellow and black could be so delicious together. There will soon be a few for sale on the Etsy shop, which I have neglected lately. Too busy with these darn business classes.

And the Swap-o-rama-rama is coming up in less than two weeks. I know it will be fabulous, but I'm starting to panic about the details. Don't forget:

See article in Vancouver Courier

YOU'RE INVITED. . .

Swap-O-Rama-Rama (http://swaporamarama.org )
September 30, 12pm to 4pm
$5 plus any size bag of unwanted clothing
Once inside all of the materials for creativity and
all the clothes you can carry are free!

Location: WISE Hall
1882 Adanac St. (at Victoria)

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes
hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi

Join in the communal process of reuse and celebrate
our collective creativity! You are invited to
Swap-O-Rama-Rama, a giant clothing swap and series
of do-it-yourself workshops in which a community
explores reuse and creativity through the
recycling of used clothing.

Comments