Sailing the Salish Sea

I went sailing for the first time in my life on Monday.

This is the beautiful natural harbour we departed from.

This is the sweet little houseboat my sailing host lives in.

These are the hippy/pirates next door serenading us on our way.

Here's Don, whose boat it is, looking very comfortable.

Ahoy, matey!

Thank goodness for Sheila, she is a very experienced sailor.

And me, with my hand on the tiller (although I cropped it out.) Looks like I enjoyed the experience!

Comments

  1. You are very brave, I can deal with mice,spiders,hights and even rollercoasters but I am not a great fan of water since a near drowning experience over 20 years ago. Love the idea but hate the reality. Lovely dog and a happy belated birthday woff woff.
    Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, the water looks beautiful. Did you go for a swim? I love the sea and sailing - I spent a long time looking at your photos. Jean-Pierre cotacted me, thank you - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you: looks like a wonderful day to go sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to do something new and I love that houseboat! Well done on your achievement, I bet you'll be sailing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel cooler just looking at the
    colors of that water. Thanks for
    that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.