She's Arrived


I put the last stitch in at 2:00 pm Thursday afternoon, then packed up the quilt, hopped on my bicycle, and rode down to the Community Hall to install my work for the Arts Festival to meet the 4:00 pm deadline.

It was a mad dash, but I am happy with the results.

The text is excerpted from a poem, Sunday Morning, by Wallace Stevens. I went to machine stitching in the quilts final stages, not just for speed but because I like the soft, blurry effect of the stitches. I tend to be too precise by hand.

Comments

  1. Beautifully done, the greens are lovely and of course the Wallace Stevens quote completes it. Glad you've returned to blogging!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a very healing, soothing feeling to this Green Lady and her quilt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.