Swamped

The incredibly well-made, huge loom arrived on the weekend. It is the size of a Volkswagon. And apparently quite versatile, at least it has already proved useful as a clothes drying rack, coat rack, and pet gymnasium. Just wait til I get a warp on! My first project is to weave four 26" x 60" rag rugs for Flora, who gave me the loom. She also gave me six boxes of fabric that she has collected over the years to cut up and use as weft for those rugs. My hope of reducing clutter through weaving was ridiculously short-lived.

When I'm not tripping over the loom, I am also embroidering furiously to meet a deadline. Also being distracted by the oh-so-fun Sam and Skye quilt, and trying to keep up with all the mending and alterations that are brought my way. Somehow I still manage to find time to walk with Gracie on the beach (my meditation/exercise/restoration time), make wine from last fall's kiwis, and start seeds for the garden. Lounging around practising the accordion and doing blog postings seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Luckily my friend Jennifer Brant has posted an interview with me over at Cosa Verde, which will hopefully fill the gap until I can get back to regular posting.

Comments

  1. It's always feast or famine, isn't it!

    That's a delightful interview; I didn't realize that you live so far off the grid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, the more I read your blog and the more I wish to meet you one day. I loved the interview, you are a simple soul that touches very deeply into mine.
    I am mending a piece, I will post the photos when I am back home: guess who inspired me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:36 PM

    can't wait to see the loom warped, sounds like you're busy so take your time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.