Well, It's About Time!

I plead not guilty because it's been too damn hot! I know, in most parts of the world 30 degrees Celsius is just balmy, but to this fair-skinned northerner, it feels like the world is ending. The heat wave started on the day some of the Gabriola Hookers went on a field trip to Val Galvin's home studio in Chemainus. I took these pictures so James might understand why it was so much fun.





Val has just retired from 25 years of professional daycare, and we were celebrating. I should have got a pic of the delicious cake with "Now you are a full-time hooker!" written on it. I'm sure you will be hearing more of Val - she is one of the warmest, most easy-going and fun ladies I have ever met. And she's going to be teaching and creating full-time.  (What else did you think a hooker would do?!")

Comments

  1. Looks like you all had a great time! I love the stash - so many shelves full of wool fabrics. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 AM

    wow! and I thought I had a stash problem - but Val's is much tidier than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.